Start Learning Cantonese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Daily Cantonese

gegenki_16963
New in Town

Daily Cantonese

Postby gegenki_16963 » June 9th, 2016 11:01 am

I want to see a lesson series that takes you through all the phrases that you would need for a day. From getting up to going to bed.
This would be a great tool for beginners.

The basic premise is that we follow the typical actions of an individual during a normal work day - such that the language learner can use those phrases every day to describe what they are doing.

Example: Lesson 1, Getting out of bed
Teaches phrases such as.
My alarm went off at 7.
I am awake but I am still in bed.
I am in my bedroom.
I am getting out of bed.
It is sunny today.
I got up at 7.30.
I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth.
After that I had a shower

Even if we ignore grammar and say everything in present simple it is a great way to learn vocab and pronunciation and get comfortable with your target language.
This seems so obvious to me I don't know why I have never seen any website or book do it
Language teachers (books, people, websites) tend to group things up by category. Things in room, what you do for work, rooms in the house, how to say 'after that'. These things often come in disparate lessons and if you want the information early you have to find it.

Why teach, lets get a taxi to the cinema
- when you can teach -
I did not <take a taxi/get a train/etc> to work today. Today I drove.

Given that immersion is so effective I think this is indicative of a problem in general language learning approaches
Through guided teaching I know how to say 'cinema' in German, Cantonese and Japanese, but I'm still not sure of the correct word to use, in this context, for 'work' in any of these languages - even though work is a word I can use 5 days a week to practise on my own.

slc_17055
New in Town

Re: Daily Cantonese

Postby slc_17055 » June 14th, 2016 7:55 pm

Thank you so much for your great advice. I think it is a very effective and fun way to learn a language. We try to meet this goal by introducing some frequently used daily conversations in the lesson listed below. In the lesson, you will hear the short conversation of two people in certain context . Then our teachers will explain the usage and repeat the pronunciation of the phrases from the conversation.

http://www.cantoneseclass101.com/2012/0 ... cantonese/

I hope you will find it useful and we will try to provide more lessons which is close to your suggestion. We appreciate your time and suggestion which will help us improve our lesson. Thank you so much! :D

Siuling
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Cantonese Lesson Suggestions”