a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Mailing List management

daves3051
New in Town

Mailing List management

Postby daves3051 » July 10th, 2010 2:40 pm

Hi,

I received mailing list emails, and I would like to be able to control which ones I receive...

1) In those emails, there is a link to a mailing list management webpage, but the current link is pointing to the list management pages for spanishpod101, not cantoneseclass101

2) When I manually altered the initial URL to go to the cantoneseclass101 list management page, everything came up Ok, but I was not able to perform an update; it seems that the link for the 'POST' attached to the 'update profile' button doesn't go where it should. I get an error that states:

"MailChimp

Ah Nuts! We can't find that page.

The bad news: Somehow you’ve ended up on a page that has moved or doesn’t exist."

--> however, the MailChimp links also don't seem to go anywhere, indicating that the mailing list setup for cantoneseclass101 mailing ilsts is still incomplete.

Could you please look into this ?

Thanks,
Dave

super_user
New in Town

Re: Mailing List management

Postby super_user » July 11th, 2010 1:45 am

daves3051 wrote:1) In those emails, there is a link to a mailing list management webpage, but the current link is pointing to the list management pages for spanishpod101, not cantoneseclass101

Sorry about that :oops: We corrected the problem and future emails will point to the correct page.

daves3051 wrote:2) When I manually altered the initial URL to go to the cantoneseclass101 list management page, everything came up Ok, but I was not able to perform an update; it seems that the link for the 'POST' attached to the 'update profile' button doesn't go where it should. I get an error that states:

"MailChimp

Ah Nuts! We can't find that page.

The bad news: Somehow you’ve ended up on a page that has moved or doesn’t exist."

--> however, the MailChimp links also don't seem to go anywhere, indicating that the mailing list setup for cantoneseclass101 mailing ilsts is still incomplete.

These issues have also been resolved and should be reflected in future emails. Thank you for bringing these to our attention. We apologize for the inconvenience.

The CantoneseClass101.com Team

Get 40% OFF
daves3051
New in Town

Postby daves3051 » July 15th, 2010 12:44 am

I'm afraid that neither of the problems have been fixed.

This morning's email (House Hunting Part 2) went out with the same "spanishpod101" link (whose HTML "title" is Cantoneseclass101)... check the URL in the email itself:

URL = spanishpod101.us1.list-manage.com/profile?u= (then an identification hash)

HTML contents (start):
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<title>CantoneseClass101.com Members</title>

This spanishpod101 page actually brings up my correct account information, but the "POST" pushbutton still goes off into nowhere, and I get the MailChimp error again. Interestingly, that "nowhere" is a cantoneseclass101 page: http://cantoneseclass101.us1.list-manag ... ofile/post

-Dave

super_user
New in Town

Postby super_user » July 15th, 2010 7:16 am

Hi daves3051,
Whoops :oops: Our team is whipping up a fix for this problem as I type this. Hopefully by the time you get your next Daily Lesson alert, this problem is resolved :) Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.
Team CantoneseClass101.com

jclemons
New in Town

Postby jclemons » July 15th, 2010 10:10 am

Hi daves3051,

Thank you very much for both your assistance and patience. We've fixed those links so the next URL you get in any e-mail should be functioning properly. I actually just tested the 'Update Profile' link and was able to change my preferences.
Thank you for your help!

-Team CantoneseClass101-

daves3051
New in Town

Postby daves3051 » July 27th, 2010 2:41 am

Just following up...

I was able to update my profile, and no longer receive the emails in question (as per my wishes).
Thanks a lot !

- Dave

Return to “Technical Support”