Start Learning Cantonese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Checklist PDFs messed up on the Mac (Preview)

raph4083
New in Town

Checklist PDFs messed up on the Mac (Preview)

Postby raph4083 » October 12th, 2010 9:26 am

The Checklist PDFs (for Basic and Premium) are totally messed up on the Mac "Preview" app, i.e. all the text is missing. Only the lines and boxes are somewhat included.

Only Adobe Reader displays it correctly, but because Adobe Reader is big, heavy, slow and ugly and most Mac users probably don't have it installed, you might want to fix that. One reason could be that the fonts are not properly included into the PDF. I am not a guru on that stuff though. I think you should really fix this soon as there are many Mac users out there and I guess this problem affects not only the Mac, but many PDF viewers. That is because PDFs that follow the standard usually are displayed flawlessly by "Preview" on the Mac.

heyheynicole
New in Town

Postby heyheynicole » October 13th, 2010 5:19 am

Thank you for pointing this out. We'll definitely work on it!

Get 40% OFF
jonathanpman9540
New in Town

Postby jonathanpman9540 » October 31st, 2010 9:25 pm

I'm still seeing funny characters in the pdf's. I've checked on both adobe reader and preview and both aren't displaying properly.

Xing_Yang
New in Town

Postby Xing_Yang » December 6th, 2010 9:26 am

Same here. I'm not sure why the characters from all of the PDFs don't properly display on my Mac. I've never had a problem with any other source. Currently, I am using a friend to rewrite each dialogue for me. But he is not always available to help. So this is slowing my learning curve. 唔好

estseg7726
New in Town

use LibreOffice to convert broken pdf files

Postby estseg7726 » September 18th, 2011 6:02 pm

Try to convert them using Libre Office:

/Applications/LibreOffice.app/Contents/MacOS/soffice -convert-to pdf -outdir ./out/ AB_S2L11_091311_canclass101.pdf

Return to “Technical Support”