a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Cantonese TV Shows

Hogansaang1163
New in Town

Cantonese TV Shows

Postby Hogansaang1163 » August 3rd, 2013 1:17 pm

Hey All,

Firstly I just wanted to say thanks for the podcasts. I've just started learning with them and enjoy them very much. :)

I was wondering if anyone here could recommend some ways of watching Cantonese TV shows on the internet. Are there any good websites out there for this?

Also are there any interesting TV shows (especially dramas where the characters are using a lot of daily vocabulary) that any of you would recommend?

Thanks!

阿生

oc6544895
New in Town

Re: Cantonese TV Shows

Postby oc6544895 » August 4th, 2013 2:54 pm

阿生你好!

Thank you for the comments! We're glad that you are enjoying the podcasts! :mrgreen:
There are some websites that provide streaming videos for HK dramas, for example: azdrama.sx
Some of the dramas there have the option of Chinese and English subtitles. You can find news and lifestyle programs there as well.
For daily-used vocabularies, stick to the modern setting dramas. Those that have ancient China setting tends to speak ancient-like. :P

Enjoy! And tell us which show you enjoy :D
Olivia
Team CantoneseClass101.com

Get 40% OFF
aashop8277
New in Town

Postby aashop8277 » June 5th, 2014 5:35 pm

Youtube has a fair selection of Cantonese Tv episodes and movies.

Otherwise you can save up and buy subtitled DVD boxsets of modern Hong Kong TV shows from Yesasia.com.

hernandezmildred_17079
New in Town

Postby hernandezmildred_17079 » September 15th, 2016 8:16 am

Hey everyone! I also was wondering if anyone here could recommend some ways of watching Cantonese TV shows on the internet. I enjoy wathing the show. Any ideas? By the way, check the list of TV shows of the last decade: http://livecustomwriting.com/blog/nothing-to-watch-list-of-top-tv-shows-of-the-last-decade. Perhaps, you'll find something interesting for yourself.

slc_17055
New in Town

Postby slc_17055 » September 17th, 2016 3:19 am

Thank you for the comment and suggestion. Besides the TV shows on the internet, I agree that you tube has the great selection of material for you guys to practice. The karaoke version of Cantonese song is so great for you to practice the 6 tones . I just love the song "數字人生" ~ 林子祥 for learning the "number" in Cantonese.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts6KaHZ ... s6KaHZ5L9A :)

Siuling
Team CantoneseClass101.com

Return to “General Discussion and Help Learning Cantonese”